The purpose of this website is to bring all film makers in a common platform. They can publish their films and get reviews from people from same fraternity. This website will give opportunity to all the new comers weather actor, director, cinematographer, choreographer, audio engineer, script writer and people related to film production.
This website will be a medium of communication between all the people associated with film industry in Jharkhand.
This website will be a showcase of film industry in Jharkhand and will present Jharkhand films not only in India but around the world. People from film fraternity will be definitely benefited from this website.
The website will have many features some of them are:
- Promotion of Films
- List of upcoming Films
- Record of all the films produced in Jharkhand
- List of members will include actor, director, producer, script writer etc. people on screen and off screen
- Details of ongoing film festivals around India
- Contest organised by the host company
- Annual prize declaration for best movie of the year
- Information of Film events in Jharkhand
Although least initiatives have been taken to support Santali cinema,allowing it to prosper, only three films to date have managed to make it to the big screen As of 2013. “Chando Likhon” which released in the year 2001, was the first film to be made on 35 mm, second on this series was “Sagun Ena Sohag Dular” (2003), the story of which was loosely the same as of the Bollywood film Nadiya Ke Paar. “Jewee Jurie”(Life Partner) (2009), produced by SBT Movie Craft was released widely in the states of Jharkhand, Orissa & other states.
Santali cinema has not been able to create an identity as a film industry like most other cinema’s in India. Every year about 8 to 10 films are made, and are released directly, on CDs only. None of them are released in cinema halls, due to low budget and least support of state government in development of the cinema. Music albums are preferred over video films, as the budget is very low and production cost is easily recovered. The number of these ranges from 10 to 20. Santali cinema has a good scope in the states of Jharkhand, West Bengal, Assam and Orissa as the majority of its viewers reside in these regions.
As there is no Film Development corporation in Jharkhand, Santali film industry is not on a remarkable position, & due to this, films & music albums are made less in number & distributed inefficiently, due to cost & other reasons.
Jharkhand, Dhanbad and its nearby areas does not even have proper cinema halls whose rates are very low compared to Multiplexes all over India. So releasing a film in cinema halls is not quite profitable.
Notable Santali Films
- Chando Likhon(The Script Of God)(2001) – first film to be made on 35 mm
- Sagun Ena Sohag Dulare(The victory of true love) (2003)
- Hai Re Aree Chali(Alas! Our Customs) (2004)
- Jewee Jurie (2009)
- Sita Nala Re Sagun Supari– Screened at the second edition of Nepal International Indigenous Film Festival,2008
- Poran Porayni
- Bir Manani
- Mogod Dulaar(Love Unexpressed)(2009), produced under the banner of Rahla Entertainment,
- Jan Gan Man
- Mohiniah Maya Jalam
- Bonga Dare
- Inspector Kishun
- Meredh Kolja, Dubbed from (Telugu)